Tuesday, October 21, 2014

A really good book

October is National Book Month, tell us about the best book you’ve read so far this year.

The books I have enjoyed reading the most are inspirational. Books that give glimpses into the life beyond. Books that provide insight and hope in the world to come. All because Shaniel is gone. And I yearn to be near her. To feel close to her, even though we are world's apart. I know we will be together again, but when I read these books that help me feel somewhat closer to her. I understand more how it is where she is at. It gives me comfort and peace knowing she is surrounded by family, love, and beauty. 

My favorite read this year is called "Journey to the Veil" by John Pontius. His book is actually blog posts he wrote, called Unblog My Soul, that he entered the last few months of his life. It comprised his thoughts and testament of what Heavenly Father had shared and taught him while on this earth. It is a compilation of inspiring entries of John's journey to the veil. I found it to be uplifting, encouraging, and insightful. It has helped me put into perspective, not only my life on earth, but eternity as well. I will be reading this book again!

1 comment: