Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Blogging Shaniel

What were you blogging about last year at this time? How have things changed?

Last year at this time I was reeling emotionally from Shaniel's death. But I was also blessed and comforted by the Spirit every single day. I recognized answers to prayers more easily. The tender mercies of the Lord helped make Shaniel's passing more bearable. Blessings poured out in abundance from heaven. Angels, both in heaven and on earth strengthened and gave me and the family courage to press forward. My faith increased. I was growing in ways that seemed even miraculous to me. I lived my life in thanksgiving daily, in spite of the realization that my daughter was taken from us. Hope was my light. The Savior's love and atonement was making it possible for me to love and forgive. 

Last year was a tender and emotional year. But I managed to blog, mostly about the spiritual growth I was going through. About Shaniel's passing. My memories of her. I hung on to everything I could about her. And I wrote! It helped me to heal.

I wrote about my granddaughter's simple prayer to Father In Heaven to help mommy find her key to the van. Her prayer was answered!

I wrote about an experience I had in meeting some young adults trekking across the country by themselves and how I admonished them to keep in contact with their parents... because they cared, even though they didn't think they did.

I continued to make posts in my photo journal, as hard as it may have been at times. But, today I am thankful that I did. I can look back and see the growth I was experiencing. Through my writing I saw my faith increase. My testimony of the Savior and His atoning sacrifice became central in my life. I still saw goodness in the world around me. I learned to rely upon the Lord... I truly needed Him every hour! And, I expressed that in word and deed.

Not much as changed since last year. I still write about Shaniel, my family, and my faith. These are the things I treasure most in life. I continue to do a photo journal. It's the history of my everyday life. I hope to leave my children a legacy of love and my testimony of Jesus Christ. They will know me. Really know me.

1 comment:

  1. Randomlicious MemoirsOctober 2, 2014 at 9:43 AM

    Amazing faith and strength! It's amazing how during those hard times we make it through and we find the things we need through other people and or the Holy Ghost and the scriptures. Love those tender mercies and I love your post!

    ReplyDelete